Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 31 July 2017

Summertime - it's not over yet!

When I saw Dounia's lovely white stamping on the Paper Artsy blog it set me off on a little bit of a play!

I had a background in my journal that has been there since February - time to use it!

It was quite bright - I think at the time I was trying to get through the grey days we were having by making bright backgrounds.I recall spreading some paint around randomly and then of course as you can see I used some of Seth Apter's stamps randomly too.
I added some Hickory Smoke distress ink randomly and stamped the JoFy14 stamps. Although it didn't show much of the colour through the white I am pleased with the page, to which I added some doodling too!
I have always admired the white flower beds in the stately home gardens we like to visit but must say I prefer colour in my own - which is just as well as it would be an awful lot of digging involved if we had to move anything now!
I'll just be content with the only white we do have in our caravan garden!


This is also my final entry at Art Journal Journey where Bluebeard and Elizabeth have done an excellent job of hosting throughout July with the Summertime Love theme! Wow! An entry every day and comments on all entries too! Time for a rest now? I bet she doesn't!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, Chris. That background really sets off those white flowers. They literally pop right off the page. The flowers of summer, what a great way to go out this month. The contrast is certainly appropriate and I really LOVE those flowers. I'm glad your caravan garden has more color than the journal page, though. Why? Because the caravan garden has more contrast that way.

Thanks for your continued support this month and your wonderful art you shared with us at Art Journal Journey. And I promise to sleep when I'm dead (grin)!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. what an amazing idea to finish this already fantastic background! You were so engaged with this past month's theme! I simply am thrilled about all this fantastic entries you linked to Elizabeth's theme - thank you very much for your lovely support of Art Journal Journey dear Chris!
Have a great new week!
oxo Susi

Words and Pictures said...

Love how the white stamping has brought that fab layered background zinging to life. You've reminded me I wanted to play with my JOFYs (it's been too long). Love those beautiful white bushes too.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous background and doodles, the white flower images are amazing and contrast with the colourful background beautifully - I love it 😀. Hope you are having a lovely day, enjoy ! J 😊

Anonymous said...

How you do it I am always excited about it, that looks so beautiful your Summertime Journal and the photo with the beautiful flower shrub!
Happy Evening eLKE

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love the white stamping. Great photos, too. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Such an amazing page and a wonderful photograph of the amazing garden and view at the caravan

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Wow Chris, the white stamping on the darker background looks fabulous.
Its a beautiful page.
Yvonne xx

Sue said...

This is really lovely Chris, the white looks fabulous! xx

Craftyfield said...

I love these colours... A great take on the Dark to light theme, the flowers pop off the page!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous !
Corrie x