Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 13 March 2017

T Stands For……..

…this, that and the other!

This week had just whizzed by - we have been quite busy but managed to get out too. I had a few meetings to attend here last week as our approval was required for work to be carried out.

Last Saturday I was in Harrogate at Art From the Heart for a brilliant workshop taught by Tracy Scott who creates the most fabulous art journals. I went with two lovely friends and we had a great time, got messy, chatted a lot, bought some goodies and made a great journal spread!
On Sunday I used some of the leftovers plus some bits of my own to make this small page too.I have also been using up some more leftovers but not here!
On Friday on our way shopping we stopped off at Styall Mill. Last time we went the gardens were shut so it was a lovely surprise to see that since we last visited way back last year the greenhouses have been completed and the whole area has been opened up.
 This greenhouse was used to grow exotic plants and vines for the owner of the mill and his family, it has been a wreck for years and was cordoned off. Now you can walk through a gate to a shop and the potting shed has been opened up too!


Vines have been planted and I will show their progress as we visit here quite regularly.
Lots of signs of new growth outside!



 The camellia looked beautiful….from all angles


This next area is fenced off
 Nearing the end to our walk

I loved seeing these early tulips!
Now, at this point we called in to the cafe…but I had put my phone away so that I could pay…and then NEEDED my coffee so much I forgot to take a photo!!!
This was on our way back to the car park...
…and this is right next to the car park


I've probably kept you here far too long but I still have to share a drink - it being time for T Stands For Tuesday with Bluebeard and Elizabeth.

One one of our cinema visits last week we called in to Marks and Spencers. We shared the scone and as I had vouchers all this only cost us 10p! 
For those that saw this photo last week..
…yes we did go to the cinema, although we do like that Football Museum too - still lots to see in there too as we usually go with our grandchildren who tend to go for the interactive displays!
Now, I know you will want to know what we we went to see - well as one day was a Silver Screen the film was a slightly older one -
'Allied' starring Brad Pitt and Miriam Cotillard - I knew nothing about this film and was pleasantly surprised, it moved at a good pace too! I have given you a link to the trailer but haven't found how to get an image!
The other film was 'Logan'an X-Men movie - starring Hugh Jackman - need I say more?? 

We shall be packing today for a little trip to York but I will try to do better than last week - I am sure I missed some of you!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

25 comments:

Lisca said...

I bet you had fun at the journaling workshop.
Thank you for taking me along to Styal Mill. What a beautiful garden. Yes, The greenhouse is spectacular. Wow. And the camelia too. And of course the little tulips are gorgeous. I love tulips (I would, wouldn't I being Dutch)
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

Sounds like a great workshop=love your gorgeous, colorful pages! That is some greenhouse-wow. The scenery is just beautiful, and I can almost smell those Camilias... your scone is making me hungry and boy would that be good with my morning coffee. Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi, I really enjoyed your post with all the photos felt like was along with you sounds like a wonderful workshop
Happy T day
Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Tracy puts on a good workshop, doesn't she? Did Helen go? Or did I read wrong. Both journal pages are beautiful.

I really LOVED the walk through Styal Mill. It is beautiful and the grounds and green houses were incredible. They have some beautiful spring flowers, too. I loved the area right before it was blocked off. It really looked like the springtime flowers I'm seeing on all my European friends' blogs. And those tulips are out of this world. Mine haven't even started peeking out yet.

Gosh, your scone and coffee looks good about now. I am really hungry and it's nearly my bed time.

I heard Allied was OK, but wasn't as much of a thriller as a couple of my friends thought it would be when they went to see it. In fact, they were a bit disappointed, even though they thought the acting was quite good. Yep, they are showing Logan trailers here in the US a LOT and have for over a month, now. So glad you enjoyed these movies.

Thanks for sharing your workshop art, Styal Mill, and the new greenhouses, as well as your scone and coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great post. Love what you made at the workshop. What a wonderful place you visited, I would love to wonder around there, thanks for sharing the photos. That scone looks really good, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

the Mill looks fabulous; great to see early tulips too. great bargain with your tea/coffee and scone. Love your Tracy Scott journal pages!

froebelsternchen said...

Your pages are fantastic - I like Tracy's "sprinkle of imagination blog" - she is super!For sure great to have a workshop day with her! Thanks for sharing the photos of this wonderful place Chris!
Happy T-Day
Susi

chrissie said...

Your pages are amazing and so good to learn something new I think.

Beautiful gardens where you went to visit--you always find somewhere special.

A nice looking scone and drink as well

Have a Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

so nice to see you are often "out and about"... and sharing your impressions with us - happy t-day, Chris!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic pages Chris, the workshop must have been fun.
The gardens look beautiful, i think its good when things get restored for the future.
It looks a lovely scone.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Thank goodness you did not put a photo of Mr Jackman in your blog - I would have been a quivering wreck LOL!
Love the photos of Styal, must put that on my list of places to visit as it is ages since we were there.
Loved your journal page and am so envious. I would have loved to have done this with Tracy (one of my favourite people) but unfortunately I was teaching myself that day - but I did go the day after to do the canvas with her. I now need you to tell e how you did it.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

The workshop must have been so much fun and you have created beautiful pages! I love all the gorgeous texture, the vibrant colour palette and how the wording repeats across the design :-) . Styall Mill is a lovely place, I have happy memories of our visits there and it is wonderful to see the greenhouse finally finished, thanks! Wishing you a very Happy T Day, enjoy your trip to York! J :-)

Krisha said...

Amazing art from your workshop, that must have been so much fun!
I enjoyed all your shared photos, I'm so guilty of forgetting to take pictures too.
Happy T-day

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Fantastic pages, the workshop is fun.
The gardens look beautifuland delicious food!

Beautiful day Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

That greenhouse is wonderful! And the rest is such a perfect place, too. Sounds like a nice place to visit to see the seasonal changes.
'-
Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris the journal pages are fabulous! Sounds like you had such a nice time! Love seeing all the flowers and the greenhouse... Went to the Greenhouse in San Francisco a few years ago and LOVED it.. I'm definitely a flower girl... Thanks for the lovely visit and the low down on the two movies... I do not care for Miriam Cotillard as an actress and i don't think this was one of Brad Pitts better movies.. But i'm just getting that impression from the trailer and LOVE Hugh Jackman but heard this Logan was very sad.. not sure i'm up for that.. :) Happpy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wonderful journal pages, Chris. So bright and cheery plus a lot of movement. The eye just dances around the pages.

Styall Mill looks beautiful. Not likely I'll ever to get to see it in person, so I really enjoyed seeing your photos. The greenhouse is incredible. I imagine they have plans to grow exotic plants again there. How lovely that will be.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

I love those pops of color on your journal pages Chris, and I REALLY love your spring photos from your day out and about. Right now the wind is blowing here and the snow is flying and I feel really bad for the birds out at my bird feeder, but at least there is food for them. The gardens at the mill are absolutely wonderful. :) Hope it was a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Darla said...

Your journal class sounds inspiring and like a lot of fun. I certainly like what you created as a result. Thanks for showing some more of your area. I get my geography lessons from my friends here.

CJ Kennedy said...

The journal is fabulous. Makes me think of other worlds. And thank you for taking so many pics of Spring flowers. We got a foot of snow (30 cm?) so it will be some time before Spring blooms poke their heads up. Haven't seen the movie Allied. Yesterday, Himself (a huge Marvel fan) and I watched X-Men Apocalypse. Very entertaining. Happy T Day!

Dianne said...

Really gorgeous journal pages! it must have been a fun workshop. Always enjoy taking garden walks with you - how nice that the greenhouse is being restored!
Looking enviously at your Spring flowers as we've been having wind and snow where I am! happy T day! ♥

Carol said...

OH MY!!!! Your journal page is just magical ♥♥♥ It has such a feel of mystery and intergalactic travel. LOVE it both of them actually. It looks like you had a great outing too and so much to show of your tour. Such a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Karla B said...

Gorgeous photos and I love yout page!Fall starts tomorrow and I am so glad summer is over. Happy belated T Day!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow! Your circle pages are amazing - such drama with the bold colours and those dark shaded areas - fabulous! Looks like it was a great class. Lovely to see the new greenhouses - very swish - and the gardens have that wonderful "ready for action" look about them.
Alison x

Sandy said...

What wonderful pictures - I envy your visit!
Sandy xx